Today it’s Wednesday so this means a new interview with a fan, this week we’re interviewing Mary Emma, you can follow her on Twitter @maryemma41
1. Question : Which Star Wars movie did you see first?
A New Hope
2. What Star Wars means to you?
Family drama that consists in everyday life. Also how some people think.
3. What’s your favorite part of the Star Wars saga and why? (it can be one of the eight movies or even one of the tv shows)
The prequels because I like see how things started everyone had to start somewhere, what they went through to get where they are today, show there feelings how stuff in the galaxy started and how things are the way they are in the future. Everyone has a story to be told.
4. If you had to choose a subtitle that sums up the Star Wars saga what would it be for you?
The Skywalker’s Drama. Or one man journey.
5. What do you think of having anthology movies that don’t focus on the Skywalker saga and tell other stories ? And which anthology movies would you like to see in the upcoming years ?
I like the idea like I said everyone has a story to be told. I would like see definitely an obi wan movie on being a child how he grew up how to he hook up with quin won and his training then his years after the fall of the Jedi. Definitely more Vader of him in solitude would show that even though he was more machine tgsn man, still his mind still had thoughts of his days as a Jedi, then a movie about him getting rid of the other Jedi. Maybe showing Luke and Leia growing up ad well.
6. What did you think of Rogue One ? And how many times you saw it ?
Loved Rogue One saw it 2 times will see it one more time before it leaves, but then again I love back story movies.
7. Rogue One showed a different side of the Alliance, a side that is more questionable, what did you think of that ?
I think they had to do what they had to do anyone who is in jepordary to lose will do what they have to do. They were scared they were worried, so they were trying to do the right thing to protect themselves and others so if they killed some on the way well it happens, I’m sure it wasn’t there intention, they just wanted to be safe.
8. Were you satisfied with how Rogue One ended and with the fact that all the main heroes died ?
Yes and no. Yes because all heroes die, I think there is more meaning to their trails that they go through, more purpose. And no I felt maybe Jyn should of lived or escaped, in my opinion.
9. Rogue One brought back Tarkin to life with CGI and a young Leia at the end, what were your thoughts of this use of CGI ?
I liked it because considering Tarkin was a big part of the empire, we didn’t realize he was a real jerkand was more evil than we realized, and for Leia it was OK, we always did question on how did leak actually get the plans. Tarkin CGI I thought was good but Leia was a little weird looking.
10. About The Force Awakens, how do you think it connects with the two other trilogies ? Were you satisfied about this opening to the Sequel trilogy ?
I thought it was a little confusing but it showed a lot happened in the galaxy after the empire. Yes and no because a lot of unanswered questions but hopefully as they make the rest of them it will fill the gaps, but its exciting either way. Brilliant minds at work.
11. Do you have any theories about Rey’s parents ?
I think she’s Vader. lol now here me out someone had his DNA… Could be wrong.
12. Do you think it is a good idea to have three different directors for the Sequel trilogy ? Or would you have preferred just one director for the three movies ?
No have one director too many too many approaches and too many ideas. Bring George back. When too many hands in the pot, not good.
13. What did you think of the portrayal of classic characters Han and Leia in The Force Awakens ? Did you think it was a good continuation of how the characters were in the Original Trilogy ?
No because we don’t know why or what they are not together. Too many questions that need to be told. We just know they fought and he left, why did he leave, why didn’t she go with him. No all we know they were happy at the end of Episode 6.
14. George Lucas said about the first six movies “It’s ONE movie and it’s meant to be seen I through VI.” Do you agree with this statement and why?
Yes, see it in order. To show how everything began, and why some are the way they are. Show what they went through.
15. How important do you think it was to have the Prequels telling this story of the rise and fall of Anakin, the fall of the Republic and the rise to power of a tyrant … and why do you think it was important to tell this story? For you, how does it connect to the First trilogy?
It’s very important because none of us knew or realized what happened how did it get to that point, Anakin had a life before Darth Vader. I always wondered how and why did he wear the suit his did it happen and why was he so angry and evil. Things happen and change a person for them to become different, there had to be a reason of why he went to the dark side.
16. What’s your favorite aspect of the story in the Prequels and why ?
Favorite part of the Prequels is how it showed the galaxy before the bad times showed everyone’s life and what they went through. But my favorite is Padmé and Anakin love story, what they went through what they endured and how tragic it was very sad. How they couldn’t be together because of other choices, I cry everytime I watch it.
17. What did you think of the performances of the main cast in the Prequels ?
Everyone did a phenomenal job. They portrayed everyone perfectly.
18. What impact has The Clone Wars left on the movies for you? How did it change your way of watching the movies?
I never saw The Clone Wars, but what I’ve read it showed how Anakin was the baddest Jedi in the galaxy, that’s where I think we should see a movie about him as well his training him making his lightsaber, him fighting all those battles with Obi-Wan. Come on Disney “do it”. But the little I did see they portrayed it pretty good. Especially Ashoka and Anakin.
19. What’s your favorite aspect of the story in Star Wars Rebels ?
Rebels I honestly didn’t see enough of them to say.
20. About the Ghost crew, who is your favorite and who is the one you like the least ?
I don’t know, but I’m sure they did what had to be done.
21. Where do you think Ezra’s story is headed in the future seasons ? Considering his name is Bridger and in Star Wars names have a meaning, what do you think he is supposed to bridge ?
Again I don’t know.