Ron Howard revealed in a tweet yesterday that Tag and Bink from Legends will appear in the Han Solo spinoff, it’s going to make some fans happy and it will surely bring some fun into the movie.
If you hadn’t recognize on the photo, it’s Jon Kasdan, the screenwriter of the movie and Toby Hefferman who are playing the characters, he confirmed it in a tweet.
Yesterday was Force Friday II and Ron Howard surprised the fans with the reveal that Paul Bettany has joined the cast of the Han Solo spinoff movie!
It is not the first time the two are working together, they previously worked on A Beautiful Mind and The Da Vinci Code, two must-watch movies!
We do not know yet who Paul Bettany is playing but the image Ron Howard posted gives us a look at the costume of Bettany’s character. This casting reveal comes after the news that Michael K. Williams was cut from the movie. Some sites came to the conclusion Bettany was replacing Williams but it is absolutely not the case as Deadline confirmed.
Sources tell Deadline that Bettany will be playing a completely different character. Outer Rim is a hint to Han Solo’s haunting ground, the outer rim of the galaxy where all types of illegal activities happen. Odds are that Bettany’s character is one of those rowdy types.
Han Solo A Star Wars Story is set to hit theaters May 25, 2018.
As Phil Lord and Chris Miller parted ways with Lucasfilm on the Han Solo movie, and Ron Howard took over directing duties, it lead to additional filming to finish the film. Unfortunately, due to a reshoot scheduling conflict Michael Kenneth Williams has been cut from the movie. It’s Deadline Hollywood that got the news.
Even if it’s sad to hear this news, it’s not a disaster. Ron Howard and Kathleen Kennedy are there to make sure the movie ends up great. If Williams was cut, I would guess he had a small role and this had no major impact on the story.
It has been the subject of rumors for over a year but now it is finally happening. Boris Krit from The Hollywood Reporter got the news that an Obi-Wan Kenobi Film is in the works!
Stephen Daldry is in talks for the film. It is at the early stages of development so there is no script yet but if Daldry signs on the project he would oversee the development and the writing. This director is best known for Billy Elliot, The Hours and The Reader.
As there is no script yet, there is no actors attached to the project so we do not know if Ewan McGregor will be back for the moment but the actor has made it clear in past interviews that if Disney calls him to reprise the role, he would be up for it.
The news came yesterday, John Powell will score the Untitled Han Solo movie.
Powell composed the soundtrack of the Bourne series, Kung Fu Panda (1 and 2) and my personal favorite the first two How To Train Your Dragon. I’m confident he will do a good work, just listen to his work on his movies to give you an idea of his style. Now that we know the composer, let’s hope we will learn the title of the movie soon.
The Han Solo spinoff will be release on May 25, 2018 and is directed by Ron Howards.
Yesterday, we told you that Deadline reported that Ron Howard was on the top of the list to replace Lord and Miller as director of the untitled Han Solo movie. Now the official site has confirmed it!
Here’s what Kathleen Kennedy said in her statement:
“At Lucasfilm, we believe the highest goal of each film is to delight, carrying forward the spirit of the saga that George Lucas began forty years ago. With that in mind, we’re thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July.”
Ron Howard has some connections with George Lucas, they are great friends! He was in Lucas’s movie American Graffiti and directed Willow so he is not new to the world of Lucasfilm. Before Lucas decided to direct himself The Phantom Menace, he had approached Howard for the job. I think Kathleen Kennedy made a great choice picking Ron Howard. I’m a big fan of his movies (like The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, Far And Away, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind …, if you haven’t seen them, they’re worth watching!) and I’m sure he will be able to give us an amazing Han Solo movie.
It came as a big surprise when Lucasfilm made the announcement that Phil Lord and Chris Miller were let go by Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy. In the statement, Kennedy explains a problem of creative vision between the directors and her and her team.
“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon. Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew.”
“A new director will be announced soon” I think it suggests they already have picked someone. According to Deadline, Ron Howard is at the top of the list. However, this hasn’t been confirmed yet.
Furthermore, according to Anthony Breznican, Lucasfilm said the movie is still on course for a May 2018 release.
I truly believe in Kathleen Kennedy. She fired Lord and Miller for very good reasons and she was right to do so. She has been in the movie business for so long, she knows what she is doing, there is nothing to worry about. What she does, she does it to protect Star Wars.
There isn’t much to worry about really. Trust in the Force.